The Stamina 1690 Power Tower Review
Hey guys! Welcome to my Stamina 1690 Power Tower Review!
In my Stamina 1690 Power Tower Review, I will be describing the different stations, the uses, and my overall thoughts. My thoughts are based on Amazon Reviews as well as my own impression of the power tower.
The Stamina 1690 Power Tower is a power tower that combines the equipment for strength training.
But what does the Stamina 1690 Power Tower have that allows you to do strength training?
1. The Stamina power tower has a pull up/chin up bar on the top of the tower. You can do pull ups or chin ups on the side or in the middle. It depending on where you are the most comfortable. The pull up bar has comfortable foam hand grips that you could secure your hands on.
2. The Stamina power tower has a dip station in the middle of the tower. The station have the same comfortable foam grips. At the dip station you can do triceps dips or vertical knee raises. You can essentially incorporate any kind of workout at the dip station if you feel comfortable. Exercises that you can do include dips, leg raises, or modified pull ups.
3. The Stamina power tower has a push-up station at the bottom of the tower. This station is where you can do push-ups with a natural wrist. I feel that this particular push up station can help those who have difficulty with push-ups. People who have never done push ups before can also practice on the station.
I personally have difficulty with push-ups so when I’m practicing. Therefore, I would like to have one place where I transition from the wall to the ground. The Stamina power station allows me to do variations of push ups which is not only convenient but very helpful. The push-up station can help you practice on your form. It is because the bar is off the ground which makes it easier to adjust or fix your form.
4. The Stamina Power tower has a sit up station at the bottom of the tower. This station is where you can do sit-up station, crunches, and other ab workouts. Some ab workouts that I think you can do at the sit-up station are Russian twists, twisted crunches, and double crunches.
The Stamina 1690 Power Tower is different kinds of equipment combined into one equipment. I find that the Stamina power tower helps beginners have an incentive to try strength training and do their workout. My personal experience with my finding because when I started exercising, I was afraid of strength training. After failing multiple times when doing pull ups and push ups. I didn’t want to go through multiple trials again. Therefore, I avoided the workout completely.
If I had the equipment that allowed me to practice and try at home than I would be more comfortable. If I had the Stamina 1690 Power Tower, I could go try and practice one workout Once I master that workout, I could try the next one.
For example, if I wanted to do pull ups, I could practice holding my weight. I could do this by finding a comfortable position on the bar. When I get comfortable with that then I could try to pull myself up. Another example would be if I wanted to do a dip, I could use dip station to practice holding my weight, then holding my weight with one leg, then with both, and then going down.
I feel that the Stamina 1690 Power tower is not only a good for veterans in strength training, but beginners of strength training as well.
But what are the people’s consensus of the Stamina 1690 Power Tower?
Based on many Amazon Reviews I have read, I can conclude that many people are happy with the Stamina Power tower because of its strength, easy assembly, and use. Some other conclusions that I have made based on reviews are:
- People have found that the Stamina Power tower was able to hold their weight without feeling shaky which gave them relief and an incentive to work out.
- People were able to assemble the power tower easily due to the tools being provided and the directions. Some people even built the tower by themselves, found by reviewer Heavy Muscle, but it is recommended that two people should build it.
- People were able to fit the power tower in a limited space, reviewer Tmonster was able to fit the tower in the corner of the living room, but the tower has a pretty large footprint on the ground which might take up space, but keeps the tower sturdy.
- People such as reviewer Carl Cox found that the vertical bars on the pull up bar angles inward which makes the middle space a little crowded and reviewer Michael B. wanted more grip options due to his or her tall stature. More grip options would allow Michael B. to have a more natural grip when doing specific workouts.
- Reviewer RunBikeSwim2013 found that the power tower is light enough to move around
- Reviewer Sano___ used his or own tools to build it and to help the tower stop shaking, he or she bolted the tower to the floor
- People attached sandbags to the tower to stop the tower from shaking if there was any shaking
The Stamina Power Tower is a cost efficient, home gym, strength training equipment that is versatile. People were able to do their P90x routines with any additional weights, bars, TRX ropes that could improve their workout. I find that the Power Tower is good for anyone who wants to start strength training and wants to do more than practicing a pull up on a pull up bar.
If I could rate it…
What’s awesome: cost efficient, versatile, strong, good grips on all stations, easy to set up, movable, can fit in small spaces
What’s not: could be a little tight for some people, tools to help build are good but not perfect, the base can be a little bulky, tower can be a little shaky when workouts are intense which requires sandbags or bolting the tower to the floor
A cost efficient way to do your strength training at home, the Stamina 1690 Power Tower is versatile, strong, and worth your money right when you start your routine.
Thank you for reading this review and I hope to help you again!